- No student shall be allowed to appear at professional examination unless he has attended at least 75% of the lectures delivered and of the practical work done in each subject. The attendance shall be counted separately in each subject.
- A shortage of attendance up to 5% of the total numbers of lectures delivered or practical may be condoned by the principal for sufficient reason.
- A further shortage up to 5% may be condoned by the secretary on the specific recommendation of the principal.
- Application for the condonation of attendance on account of sickness must be duly certified by a Registered Medical Practitioner. Such application must be submitted during or just after the period of treatment.
- A student not allowed to appear in professional examination due to the shortage of attendance will have to attend the same class in the next academic session.
- Quarterly statements of attendance will be displayed on the notice board by the office of the principal. No individual notice in this respect will be issued to students.
- In case a student remains absent from the classes continuously for more than 30 days without assigning a valid cause to the principal, his name is liable to be removed from the college rolls. He may, however be re-admitted within the next fortnight by the principal on payment of the prescribed re-admission fee of Rs. 500/
DURATION OF MAIN COURSE
Main course shall be a whole time course of 4 & 1/2 years duration, divided in three professional examinations, Session shall be counted from the first-day of the completion of admission.
- Ist professional – 12 months
- 2nd professional – 12 months
- 3rd professional – 12 months
- Final professional – 18 months
Duration of Internship: Internship shall be of 12 months duration. Total seats : 60 (Sixty)
DEGREE TO BE AWARDED
(Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery)
The candidates who have passed the 3rd professional examination and have completed 12 months rotatory internship in the Hospital shall be awarded the degree Kamil-E-Tib-O-Jarahat, B.U.M.S. (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery) by the University.